Dr Elizabeth Tompkins
Liz is an enthusiastic GP who has been working in Albany and the Great Southern for the last 15 years. Her main specialty is in all aspects of pregnancy care from fertility advice, pregnancy management, delivering babies and then postpartum care. She enjoys the connection that develops with new parents and nothing could be more thrilling than seeing babies grow into fine young people.
- Pre-conception counselling and fertility assessment
- Pregnancy care which frequently includes shared care with midwives and GP’s located in Albany and throughout the Great Southern from Walpole to Kojonup to Ravensthorpe.
- Labour and delivery at Albany Health Campus including water birth.
- All aspects of postnatal care for mother and baby.
- Unwanted preganancy counselling and management.
In addition to the maternal and newborn services Liz also specialises in Womens’ Health including period problems, contraception including Mirena insertion, pelvic floor and menopause.
Liz enjoys all aspects of general practice and in particular sees many:
- Older people
- People with mental health problems
Liz is a local UWA medical graduate who has worked extensively in Perth and England. She is committed to Albany having longstanding family connections running all the way back to William Finlay, the first mayor of Albany in 1885. She has a collection of seashells from Middleton Beach which were gathered by her great grandmother in the early 1900s! Liz has 3 teenage children and 2 dogs and isn’t sure what is harder; kids or cavoodles! On her down time Liz enjoys gardening, travel, watching her kids at sport, reading biographies and, of course, Netflix. Delivering babies means that she also enjoys sleep too!